Wednesday, October 5, 2011

1st Grade and Literacy


A few weeks ago I attended my eldest daughters' "back to school" night.  Parents listened to all the details about the upcoming school year.  Obviously literacy is a major part of the school curriculum.  We've been working with Lilli and she has been doing great!  I was excited to hear about the "100 most frequently used words". These most commonly used words are ranked by frequency. The first 25 make up about one-third of all printed material in English. The first 100 make up about one-half of all written material.



I decided to make Lilli some flash cards which I've thrown into my purse.  These are great to quiz in the car, at the doc office, grocery store, etc.  It's a quick way to tackle the memorization of these words.  Below are the materials I used.  




No comments:

Post a Comment