Monday, October 24, 2011

Girls Room Makeover Part 2

The girls room was SO much fun to create!  The first thing I did to the room was paint it.  I used some leftover paint I had lying in the garage.  I can't tell you the name of the color because I mixed a few different colors to achieve this shade.  I usually start projects on a whim, so that day I painted this entire room with only a medium size paint brush--no roller on hand, and the thought of driving to Home Depot with three children always kills me.  But, by the end of painting my arm felt like it was going to fall off! 

The second project was creating the upholstered headboards.  I found the fabric on clearance at a local fabric store.  I had my husband cut the particle board to size and assembled the headboards in one evening.  The hardest part was getting the printed fabric to line up evenly. 
All in all the project cost under $70 dollars to do.

I found the duvet covers at Ikea.  I used bias tape on the duvet covers.  The fabric for the pillows was bought here.  

I have always admired the work of Hadley Hutton.  The frames are from Target. 

I bought the book shelf at Ikea.  The lamp was from Goodwill, which I spray painted.  The shade was purchased at Ikea as well.  

The original dresser was a gift from my husband's grandmother.  It was brown with brass knobs.  I used the same color spray paint on the knobs that I used on the lamp.  The dresser was painted a shade of white.

Above the bed, the mirrors are Target.  I screwed in these  knobs for the mirrors to hang on.  

I found this frame at Goodwill for around $10.  It was originally gold, with a picture of the Virgin Mary on the inside.  :)  I used some fabric and ric-rac to make a poster board.  
I am pleased with how well it turned out.

Hope you've enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment